Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

system restore

• Please log in to reply

tickedoff

tickedoff

• PipPip
  • 17 posts
i tryed system restore a few times and it will not work...is there any way to fix it? and i was told that i need to add more system memory....how do i do that?and besides pcpitstop are there any other sites that help u with ur comp ...to tell u whats wrong? please help......thank you

Advertisements

Rockster2U

Rockster2U

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 327 posts
You have every right to be ticked off - hopefully its not a permanent character trait. You might want to go into system restore and reduce the amount of drive space dedicated to the handy-dandy little helper from 12% where its probably set now to maybe 6-8%. The slider bar makes this a relatively easy task. Then close that puppy back up (no, no don't try to use it yet) and reboot. Yes, reboot. Now, go back into System restore and move that slider back over to give yourself a full 12% again. Reboot again and once everything is back up and running - try using System Restore.

Let us know what happened. Hopefully, your first name is NoLonger.

Regards,
:tazz: