Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Explorer.exe - class not registered...

• Please log in to reply

Ricardo-n90

Ricardo-n90

• Pip
  • 2 posts
I was attempting to install a new windows 7 theme, and after replacing the explorer.exe file along with the ExplorerFrame.dll file, I had rebooted my laptop as the instructions called for, my Explorer would not load after the reboot. I have been searching for a way to possibly replace the explorer.exe file, but have had no luck so far. Does anyone know of a way to fix this issue? Anlong with a link to proper instruction on how to properly install a new windows 7 theme?

Advertisements

phillipcorcoran

phillipcorcoran

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,293 posts
If you made a Windows 7 "System Repair CD" (the ability to do that is built in to Windows 7) before Windows stopped working, you can boot from that and choose the option to run 'System Restore'. If you didn't make one, try to get access to another Windows 7 PC and make one on that (it's not machine specific so can be used on any Windows 7 PC).

As regards Themes, use only those officially released by Microsoft. Third-party themes can screw up your Windows installation (as you have discovered).
My personal advice is to leave themes alone if you want to preserve the stability of your system.

Ricardo-n90

Ricardo-n90

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Thanks for the advice, I will try to make a boot cd from my other system and restore it through that. But is there any good software that you may recommend for me that will install themes for me without having to do everything manualy, aswell is there any good links other then themes directly from the microsoft website that I may be able to use without doing harm to my system?