Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Please help point me in the right direction

• Please log in to reply

MikeSchuster

MikeSchuster

• Pip
  • 2 posts
New Windows 7 build (Ultimate 64-bit) with the following hardware -

AMD Phenom II X6 1090T
Gigabyte GA-890FXA-UD5 motherboard
G.Skill 8GB (2x4) DDR3 1333
Gigabyte GV-R583UD 1GB Radeon HD 5830
Western Digital VelociRaptor 150 GB
Corsair 750W PS

I have been getting a blue screen almost every time, either starting up (rarely), or more often during a session or shutting down (almost every time). I have collected the following ones:

Page_Fault_In_Non_Paged_Area STOP 0x00000050 0xfffffA8002C2ED0A
Special_Pool_Detected_Memory_Corruption STOP 0xFFFFF9800380EFF0
Driver_Corrupted_Pool_Memory STOP 0x000000DE 0XFFFFF8A00C6E8408

Others - C0000221 Unknown Hard Error NTDLL.DLL - 0X0000000A, 0x0000007E references TCPIP.SYS

I have updated the MB's BIOS to the latest (Rev. 2 F4), updated the video card with the latest ATI drivers, updated the on-board NIC and sound drivers. I ran 2 different memory checks (came up clean, but I am not ready to rule it out 100% yet), have temporarily disabled my spyware/antivirus client (Vipre) and still getting errors. I'm hoping someone who knows something about these errors can point me in the right direction. My gut is leaning toward it being a hardware problem. Some of the above errors reference memory. I know that could be with the system memory, L2 and L3 memory or the DDR5 memory on the 5830 Radeon. I have Googled all of the errors, but they don't seem to lead to anything definitive.

Assistance would be greatly appreciated!

Advertisements