Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

ViewSonic VG1930wm Monitor Trouble

• Please log in to reply

Danc20

Danc20

• PipPip
  • 53 posts
Hello GeeksToGo guys/gals.

I have had an issue with my monitor, the ViewSonic VG1930wm for some time now and decided to post my query as to why this might be happening or what can be done.

Since a month or so, everytime I newly start up my computer and turn on my monitor, my monitor screen will turn on for a second, then off, leaving the blue light at the bottom on. I then retry, turning the monitor off, then back on and end up with the same result. Each day I have to do this about 30 times until it finally stays on, and sometimes more if I leave it idle for a while and it shuts off.

Do you guys have any guess as to what this might be? Any way to fix it? Do I just need a new monitor?

Thanks for any replies, they are appreciated.

Edited by Danc20, 27 October 2010 - 08:32 PM.

Advertisements

Digerati

Digerati

Grumpy Ol' MSgt (Ret.)

• Retired Staff
  • 3,997 posts
  • MVP
Well it sounds like the inverter is going but the first thing you need to do is try another monitor to make sure it is not a problem with the computer.

Danc20

Danc20

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 53 posts
Hello Digerati, thanks for your reply.

Sorry it's taken so long, but I finally caved and followed your instructions (I was up to 60 tries on turning the monitor off/on). I swapped out the faulty monitor with an old one and it seems to work fine. I then put the faulty one on an older computer and the monitor has the same issue, I turn it on, then it turns itself off.

So does that mean the monitor is the issue and that's that?

123Runner

123Runner

Member 4k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,307 posts

I swapped out the faulty monitor with an old one and it seems to work fine. I then put the faulty one on an older computer and the monitor has the same issue, I turn it on, then it turns itself off.

Based on what was asked of you to do for troubleshooting the monitor is the problem.

Danc20

Danc20

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 53 posts
Thank you 123Runner and Digerati, unfortunate result for such a good monitor. I really appreciate the help, have a good Christmas!