Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Facebook problems.

• Please log in to reply

iammykyl

iammykyl

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 7,659 posts
Hi.

Since the revamped G2G, first part of the page downloads then hangs, 4 out of 5 times.

The status bar reads, waiting for facebook. Can stay there for 30 seconds to 4 minutes or forever.

If i scroll the screen before face book finishes downloading I just get streaks down the screen and have to refresh the page to continue.

Other sites download normally.

Is there a hiccup on my system?

Is there a problem with G2G server?
Thanks.

Advertisements

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,678 posts
Hold down the "Ctrl" key while pressing F5. This will force the browser to download the whole page regardless of what's in the cache.

admin

admin

Founder Geek

• Community Leader
  • 24,639 posts
If you look at the bottom of this topic, or any other you'll see two small links that allow easy sharing of posts with Twitter and Facebook. This is what the Facebook link looks like:

Posted Image

There is a small amount of code pulled from facebook.com that is used to create that link. While Facebook may be one of the largest sites in the world, they are not one of the most reliable. They have had DNS and availability issues for weeks. When that bit of code isn't able to be pulled from Facebook, you see the page loading... or "waiting for Facebook".

iammykyl

iammykyl

Tech Staff

• Topic Starter
  • Technician
  • 7,659 posts
thanks for the help and information.

The problem is now solved.