Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Win XP startup tune plays after 10 mins

• Please log in to reply

kanhaiyo

kanhaiyo

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 30 posts
Sorry, but what is the service tag? and where can i find it?

Advertisements

Macboatmaster

Macboatmaster

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,237 posts
Go to this site. How to find. It is on the Toshiba the serial number.
OR use the auto detect if signing on with the actual laptop.
http://uk.computers....nner_id/A_HOME/

Edited by Macboatmaster, 25 November 2010 - 11:37 AM.

kanhaiyo

kanhaiyo

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 30 posts
Okay, this is where auto detect leads me to..

http://uk.computers....C3F3-6X&ERROR=0

The model is Toshiba Satellite A30-141
The part no. is PSA33E-7C3F3-6X

Have tried downloading and running the chipset drivers mentioned on the page, but the same error comes up.

Thanks..

Edited by kanhaiyo, 24 November 2010 - 07:11 AM.

Macboatmaster

Macboatmaster

• 7,237 posts
ESTABLISH A RESTORE POINT AND TRY THIS

1. From Device Manager (be sure to select View/Show hidden devices)click the View tab, click show hidden devices, find the 'ISAPNP Read Data Port' device from the System Devices list. 2. Right click the ISAPNP device, and select "Update Driver" 3. Select "Install from a list or specific location" 4. Select "Don't search. I will choose the driver to install." 5. UNSELECT "Show Compatible Hardware" 6. Be sure that "(Standard System Devices)" is selected under Manufacturer. 7. Under Model, scroll down until you see "Plug and Play Software Device Enumerator". Select this item, and select "Next>". 8. You may receive an error message = continue. 9. Complete the installation of the driver. You may see your device list change then. The other PNP devices will become enabled and active. If not, restart.

My situation was not quite the same but it worked. I had MS Kernel Code 42 errors with YELLOW exclamation marks next to Acoustic Echo Canceller, GS Wavetable Synthesizer, DLS Synthesizer, Wave Audio Mixer, and DRM Audio Descrambler in Device Manager. I had no ISAPNP device listed as in the instructions above but I right clicked “Plug and Play Software Device Enumerator” and updated the driver and viola!!! All YELLOW !’s were gone as well as the five MS Kernels.

kanhaiyo

kanhaiyo

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 30 posts
Okay, did as per your instructions (created the restore point before)..

1. When trying to update the ISAPNP device, got the blue screen and the system crashed and restarted.

2. Tried to update the Kernel DLS Synthesizer manually, and got the blue screen again, but this time after restart, the yellow exclamation mark was gone for it.

3. Tried to update the Kernel DRM Audio Descrambler manually, this time the system did not crash, the update process showed as finished, but the device disappeared from the Device Manager alltogether.

Before step 3, a dialog box saying that the system had recovered from a serious error appeared twice.

Have restarted the system twice after that to recheck the results.

Also, before your guidance, I had uninstalled the Kernel Acoustic Echo Canceller in the hope that the system might add it back itself, but it did not. Naive..

Now, I am left with this result:
dev mngr aftr updates.JPG

The good part is that the system is much better now, the welcome tune plays almost without delay, and the system is responsive straight away! :D

But how to get back those two missing devices - the Acoustic Echo canceller and the DRM Audio descrambler?

Please advice..
and Thanks a lot for your help!..

Edited by kanhaiyo, 25 November 2010 - 08:55 AM.

Macboatmaster

Macboatmaster

• 7,237 posts

My situation was not quite the same but it worked.

Perhaps I shoud have made it clear, not that it makes any real difference, this is NOT my sisuation, that was a copy and paste from a website in my database.

Unless I am mistaken, they are not now shown are they, in which case they are not now missing, as they are not now required.

What I would do now is to establish a restore point.
Go to start, programs, accessories, system tools, diskcleanup - cleanup, and whilst there the More options tab and delete All except the most recent restore point, which will of course be the one you have just established.

Edited by Macboatmaster, 25 November 2010 - 11:35 AM.

happyrock

happyrock

Tech Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 9,285 posts
after you create a restore point you need to get the missing drivers or go into the bios and disable the devices

Macboatmaster

Macboatmaster

• 7,237 posts
Happyrock
Thanks for coming in on this, can you help further by advising on those drivers, if you think they are still needed. We have solved the original problem, but I thought the drivers would be found on the Toshiba site as per your earlier post and my post 18 and 18.