Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Desktop setting

• Please log in to reply

hal_jordan

hal_jordan

• PipPip
  • 29 posts
Greetings!
I have a situation in which my wallpaper is offset, leaving the background color visable in the top and left side of the disaply.
I have it set at 1024 x 768 and I set the horizonal/vert on the monitor. I have also tried another monitor, same tihng, so we can rule out the monitor.
What setting under XP Pro can cause this?

Thanks
Hal
ScreenShot1001.jpg

Edited by hal_jordan, 25 May 2005 - 07:25 PM.

Advertisements

blingin67

blingin67

• PipPip
  • 49 posts
Just curious...did you mess with the "Position" option? There should be a box under Position, in the Desktop tab, that allows you to choose from Center, Tile, or Stretch.

What does it do when you choose Stretch, and what does it do when you choose Center? Clearly there is some strange problem because the image is neither stretched or centered, and it certainly isn't tiled...I was just curious as to what it looks like when you choose those different settings, so maybe we can figure out what it is doing...

hal_jordan

hal_jordan

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts
Funny....I didn't log in, cache/cookies are cleared and I am able to post under my user....
Anyway, I'll try that when I get home, but I am certain I tried changing from stretch to center and the result is the same. I have onboard video, could that be part of the reason?

gerryf

gerryf

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 11,365 posts
start > run
regedit
enter

navigate to

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\Desktop

look in the right pane for

"Wallpaperoriginy"
"Wallpaperoriginy"

Are they present?

hal_jordan

hal_jordan

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts
gerryf -
Hi!
I checked the position, I tried both stretch and center, same thing; the margin at the top and left.
Under the subkey that you suggested:

"Wallpaperoriginy" 48
"Wallpaperoriginx" 64

I changed the values to 50 for each, and it seems to have shifted the wallpaper over to the left.
I will keep trying unless anyone has any better ideas.

Thanks again!

gerryf

gerryf

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 11,365 posts
Select the key, then FILE EXPORT--save it as odddesktop.reg

then delete both of those keys (or I think set to 0 and 0)

hal_jordan

hal_jordan

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts
Thanks all!
I just changed it the values 1 and 1; I wonder why skinners have that effect, and why more people don't complain about it? I know a few people that use either blinds or style, and they do not have the problem.
They do however have other problems :tazz:

Thanks again!