Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Backup Software

• Please log in to reply

munleyj

munleyj

• PipPip
  • 91 posts
I am looking for a totally free backup software to download. I want it to do, full or incremental backups on a schedule.

Advertisements

phillipcorcoran

phillipcorcoran

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,293 posts
Just for backing up files selectively, or for backing up the entire drive including the operating system (ie a disk image)?

Edited by phillipcorcoran, 30 October 2010 - 03:00 PM.

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
I suggest going to Microsofts Backup Tutorial and follow the steps to do a Backup to a External Drive and also it will guide you on how to do a Scheduled Backup even at night.

Another way you can do a Backup is by using DVD’s. This method is just as effective and can be done using the same steps as above.
Please let me know if I can answer any further questions you may have as I am always happy to assist.

FLEABttn

FLEABttn

• Pip
  • 6 posts
I wouldnt go with a free software to backup my files mmm I trust on ZenOK Online Backup...it works better for me..just for backing up files selectively make it more sucure

garybear

garybear

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 95 posts
I agree with rshaffer if you have that feature. If you don't ,you will need your Windows CD to install it, and that's not always available. I just bought a 1.5 seagate external USB. It a has a feature that will back up your files with a incremental feature and can be scheduled. To me that's the way to go if you don't have the back up feature in Windows; which I don't have. I also use a freeware program called Macrium Reflect to back up my OS at least once a month. It also has a feature that allows you to mount a image in windows explorer, which you can copy and paste from if you don't want to reinstall the whole image. I hope I have helped and not stepped on anyone.

garybear

garybear

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 95 posts
Hello! You can read about the back up feature here. I don't use the file feature as I don't have that many files. I back up the whole OS once a month!
http://www.seagate.c...able-hard-drive