Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

computer malfunction need help

• Please log in to reply

minijtp

minijtp

• Pip
  • 1 posts
i have toshiba runing on windows vista. the computer installed updates and needed to be restarted, so i restarted it. before loggin in, it go's to this window(to say) and has the word configuring updates and has the percentage, this happens everytime no big deal. but the problem was that this window was up for about 7 hours(i could tell its still loading because the circle was still spinning, so it was not frozen) so then i turn off the computer, even thou it says not to. when i got back on the computer it was running super slow. i checked out task manger and there were only 50 things running, there usally about 70 to 80. everything was running slow expect for the internet. the computer wont let me reboot. and when i go to the start > computer > then > properties > tool tab > then check now(under error checking)it wont do anything when i click it. forgot to mention when i put in the reboot disc, it takes for ever to load and ends up saying "the service did not resopnd to the start or control request in a timely fashion

P.S. if you figure a way to fix your f***ing smart, because i cant do.

Edited by minijtp, 28 October 2010 - 06:14 PM.

Advertisements