Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

CD/DVD Driver Problem

• Please log in to reply

GriffiLE

GriffiLE

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Hi, I hope someone can help. This is re: Windows Vista on a Dell Dimension PC. When trying to burn music from Itunes to a CD I received the message, "Burner software not found". I tried Windows Media Player and Real Player and found that I connot burn to disc or play music stored on my PC. A diagnostic revealed the error message, "PVDS DVD+-RW DH-16W1S SCSI CdRom device Windows cannot load the device driver for this hardware. The driver may be corrupted or missing. (Code 39). I'm not sure how to procede as I can't load from the Reinstallation cd because my computer can't read it. Help (in basic terms please, I'm a geek, but not a computer geek ;/ ) Lou

Advertisements

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,716 posts
Hi GriffiLE :D
Try the guide at this link http://support.microsoft.com/kb/982116
Good luck hope it gets things sorted and let us know how it works out.

GriffiLE

GriffiLE

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Hi PhillPower2,
It worked! I bookmarked the page for next time. Thank you, thank you, thank you....
Lou

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,716 posts
Hi GriffiLE
Congratulations on resolving your CD drive issue I am happy you got it sorted ;)
Thank you for choosing GTG for allowing me to assist you and for posting your solution so others may learn :D ;)