Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

MSConfig stuffed my comp!

• Please log in to reply

12rounds

12rounds

• PipPip
  • 32 posts
Hey,

Yesterday i was trying to make my comp faster through youtube vid that went through msconfig>press ok>apply best performace (or something like dat). So ive done it and dont like the look so i changed the theme back and i wanted to go back and undo that setting but now when i click ok it says the access denied error and i should loggin as admin even though i am. Please help me out here.

Advertisements

The Noodle

The Noodle

• PipPip
  • 82 posts
Someone correct me if i'm wrong but msconfig doesn't have an apple best performance option, nor does it control themes. Can you provide a link to the video?

Edited by The Noodle, 29 October 2010 - 02:19 AM.

SpywareDr

SpywareDr

Member 3k

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,996 posts
Have you tried System Restore?

12rounds

12rounds

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 32 posts
system restore doesnt work for me.

123Runner

123Runner

Member 4k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,527 posts
Anyone can make a video and stick it up on Youtube. I would have been very careful with that especially when the person had trouble even spelling.

Also, they went into the registry. That is something we at Geeks to Go do not suggest.
Your 1st option (as suggested) is to try a restore.

12rounds

12rounds

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 32 posts
Dw guys u had to go to computer> properties> performance.... all done delete thread.