Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Cannot load Act 2011

• Please log in to reply

sonnya6

sonnya6

• Pip
  • 2 posts
I am trying to install a Vista compatible piece of software (Act 2011) onto my laptop. I already have Act 2007 so this is simply an upgrade routine to the latest version. When inserting the disk, autoplay begins but then I get a message that the software cannot be installed because it needs XP Service Pack 3. Obviously I can't installed XP SP3 on a Vista OS. The laptop has always been Vista so I don't know why the software has this conflict in recognising this.

Have also tried copying the software exe file to the laptop and running from there but all I get is a window saying Access Denied!

Have also checked with software info and it is definately compatible with Vista. Have tried resolving with Sage directly but getting nowhere.

How can I get the install to recognise that my laptop has Vista installed and not XP?

Thanks

Advertisements

zorba the geek

zorba the geek

• PipPipPip
  • 758 posts
Hi sonnya6 and :D

Try out this sage support,it might help
cheers
zorba