Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Windows is Laggy

• Please log in to reply

bogy

bogy

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Hello everyone,

I am having a problem, which I can not fix. I just upgraded my Mobo,Processor and ram. I am using a asus mobo with a amd Phenom 2 x6 processor 2.80 and 4 gigs of ram. windows 7 ultimate.

The problem i am having is when the system boots up I get a blue screen and it say it is dumping phy. mem. ( it happens sometimes ) so i reboot the system and then it loads windows fine. while in win 7 my computer lags ( when you move the mouse over the screen you can see the mouse jump. also when i play music thru windows you can hear it lag in in the music. ) I have noticed when the computer lags I can not see my 2nd H.D. ( which is use only for storage ) my cpu usage with just windows running witht the lag is at 4% and my ram usage is at 30%. I have tested everything out that i can. it is not a volt. problem nothing is over heating. the mobo is design for the processor. ram is good. I checked all my cables. now my windows 7 is not genuine ( would that cause this problem ? ) or is it a hardwear problem? I never had any lag problme untill i put in my new hardwear.

Advertisements

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts

now my windows 7 is not genuine ( would that cause this problem ? )

Most likely

or is it a hardwear problem?

Since you changed out key parts then yes the normal steps is to reinstall but since the above is also a issue you have a major problem.

I never had any lag problme untill i put in my new hardwear.

Surprising with a illegal installation

JasonWinTeam

JasonWinTeam

• Pip
  • 8 posts
Your best bet is to purchase a legitimate copy of Windows 7; do let us know how things proceed.

Jason,
Windows Outreach Team

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts

Your best bet is to purchase a legitimate copy of Windows 7; do let us know how things proceed.

Jason,
Windows Outreach Team

I couldn't agree more with Jason
The use of a non genuine , downloaded iso or burned copy can create so many issues that it's impossible to fix. Not to mention it is illegal and GTG does not support it at all.

We here at GeeksToGo will not assist you with issues relating to copied, pirated, or in any other way stolen programs. It is a direct violation of our TOS (Terms Of Service) to offer any assistance in this matter.

bogy

bogy

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
ok i found out when i upgreaded my mobo and processor it made my windows not genuine. so i call up microsoft and got that all ok now. but i am having the same problem. i can boot the computer fine and after about 10 min my system is laggy and I can not see my 2nd harddrive. I tried to unplug my 2nd hard drive and my system is even more laggy my cpu is runing at 80% with nother but windows running. ( when i unpluged my 2nd hd.) with both drives pluged in and my system is laggy my cpu usage is between 4% to 10 %. I am stuck at this point.

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Download Autoruns from the link in my signature below:

1: Extract the Autoruns Zip file contents to a folder.
2: Double-click the "Autoruns.exe".
3: Click on the "Everything" tab
4: Remove any entries that mention "File Not Found" by right-clicking the entry and select Delete.
5: Go to File then to Export As or Save in some versions.
6: Save AutoRuns.txt file to known location like your Desktop.
7: Attach to your next reply.

Download and install Free Everest Home Edition
Open it.
1: In left pane expand Computer folder.
2: Click once on Summary
3: In upper menu, go Report
4: And then to Quick Report-Summary
5: Save it in text file, and paste it in your next post.
Click the + by computer, click on Sensor. Get a screenshot and post it so I can check your temps and voltages...

DO NOT INCLUDE ANYTHING UNDER THE LINE THAT SAYS "DEBUG- PCI"