Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Permanently downloading a streamed video from the internet

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

TheGeneral12

TheGeneral12

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I've found a website with some videos on that I'd like to download. The problem is the videos are viewed on the actual web page, and there's no option to download them. So basically I can stream them from the internet, but can't save them to my hard drive to then watch at my leisure.

Obviously when my computer streams the videos it's downloading all the necessary information to play them. I want to be able to save that information so that I can watch the videos without having to go on the internet and stream them when I want to view them.

I'm wondering if anyone could please recommend me some software (preferably free) that allows me to do this?

When I right click on the videos, an option comes up saying "About Adobe Flash Player 10", if that’s any help.

I've tried video capturing software, but this seems to give a low quality picture.

Any help would be immensely appreciated.

Advertisements

sari

sari

GeekU Admin

• Community Leader
  • 21,806 posts
  • MVP
You don't name the site in question, but if there's not an option to download then it's probably prohibited by the site, by its TOU, for copyright reasons, or some other reason at which I could only guess. Any attempt to bypass their restrictions would bypass our TOU, and probably theirs as well.