Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Small Question

• Please log in to reply

nankura

nankura

• Pip
  • 3 posts
hey guys

sorry to admins if this is the wrong section for this, i wasnt sure were to post this. so just move it if it is

Ok very simple question

Which security suite out of the following is best suited for me, im a gamer. explorer. and i visit alot of sites so i sometimes cop a serious virus or two

Avast IS!
Comodo IS
Kaspersky PURE

and please guys, ive been to alot of forums were the answer is "try this, mix this" , i just wanna know which out of those 3 is my best option, cause those 3 pieces of software i love and adore but i can only run 1 lol

Advertisements

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
What you are asking is a personal preference response and different people will like different programs and mixtures.
I have never used a suite of software because I find one part may work good but another does not.
Understand also that no program is going to stop 100% of infections since there are new ones made everyday.
I myself use Avast and find it highly effective for my AV with updating itself everyday and sometimes twice a day.
:D

nankura

nankura

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
maybe i should rephrase the question to "what would you use out of those 3 if you had to use you one"

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
If I had to choose it would be Avast.
Small footprint thus less system resources used which will not slow your system down.

SpywareDr

SpywareDr

Member 3k

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,996 posts

... i just wanna know which out of those 3 is my best option ...

maybe i should rephrase the question to "what would you use out of those 3 if you had to use you one"

No matter how you rephrase it, you're still going to get more than one answer. :D

There is no 'best'. If there were, there would be no others. ;)

nankura

nankura

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
im not after the "best" persay. im not after people saying just 1, i want to know what every person on this forum prefers out of those 3

SpywareDr

SpywareDr

Member 3k

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,996 posts

im not after the "best" persay. im not after people saying just 1, i want to know what every person on this forum prefers out of those 3

That wasn't quite the way I remember reading it.

i just wanna know which out of those 3 is my best option

But, 'whatever' eh? :D

Have fun ...

123Runner

123Runner

Member 4k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,527 posts
I do not prefer "security suites".
I prefer Avira anti virus and malwarebytes antimalware.

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Avast
Malwarebytes
SuperAntiSpyware
Windows Firewall.

This is my setup and has been for almost 2 years now. :D

phillipcorcoran

phillipcorcoran

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,293 posts
For what it's worth, I'm currently using "Outpost Security Suite" (Firewall,Antivirus & Antispyware).
I rate it very highly for stability, reliability & effectiveness (and it's very user-friendly).
Not the cheapest but what are all the above qualities in one package worth?

Unlike some, I prefer an all-in-one suite as long as it performs well on all fronts. And mine does.
Also, a suite often consumes fewer resources in total compared to several security utilities running separately.

Edited by phillipcorcoran, 03 November 2010 - 09:13 AM.

beckmancameron

beckmancameron

• PipPip
  • 14 posts
Everyday new viruses are coming. Product depends upon reviews how better they are. Its also depends upon your own experience if you are always exposed to such environments.

Ehsanit

Ehsanit

• PipPipPip
  • 163 posts
Just remember that simple good practice is as important as any security suite. Even if you had "the best" it wouldn't be able to keep you safe if you did anything particularly silly.