Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works

Windows XP Pro won't Boot

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

• Pip
  • 3 posts
I have an HP xw4300 desktop computer from 2008. It just recently developed a problem of not booting correctly. When I try to start the computer it loads the BIOS and attempts to boot from the hard drive, fails, and goes back to the BIOS and goes through this same repetition over and over. I've tried to start in safe mode, and from all the other boot options, and it still went in the same circle. I then tried to use the diagnostic cd that came with the system and it said that everything was good. I then tried to use the restore cd that came with the computer and tried to restore cd and it asks for the OS cd and tried to repair it but that also didn't work. I then tried to re-install the OS and it didn't recognize/couldn't find the hard drive.
At the suggestion that it coulds be the hard drive I bought a new hard drive SATA 300,80G. I put the new hard drive in got my CD's that came with the computer and installed them no problem . When it went to start up it does the same thing . I put the dianostic Cd in and that says everything is good. At this point I don't know what else to do..

• 34,114 posts
You started a topic on this already and have received replies back on it. Please do not duplicate topics.
Original topic located HERE :D
Please resume assistance in original topic.
This topic is closed for dulication.