Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Boot up trouble

• Please log in to reply

midnitstr

midnitstr

• Pip
  • 3 posts
<_<
When I turn on the Puter, i get a black screen with a flashing cursor in the upper left hand corner, <f10=setup><f12=network system boot>.
When i hit F10, nothing happens, i cant type at the cursor and the A Drive is running. after a while the "working Light stops flashing but the A drive keeps going."
There is nothing in the A drive.
Ive replaced the Bios Battery.
and it wont read the CD to restore or reformat.
any ideas, comments, or Solution?

Advertisements

Hemal

Hemal

Founding Fart

• Technician
  • 1,470 posts
hmmm, have you tried to clear your bios? also can you get into your computer with safe mode- tapping F8 at startup and you will get some options after it loaded your bios

admin

admin

Founder Geek

• Community Leader
  • 24,639 posts
If you press F10 do you get the BIOS setup screen? If so, does it recognize you hard drive?

midnitstr

midnitstr

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
:D
Problem solved!
It may have stared out as a low battery, but the keyboard must have gotten fried.
I changed the key board and then I was able to hit F10. all reset and so far it works fine. :D
thank you, to those who tried to help. :o
It was driving me nuts trying to figure out. :P :D <_<
sometimes its the simple things we overlook. :D

admin

admin

Founder Geek

• Community Leader
  • 24,639 posts
Congratulations! Nice work <_< Thanks for sharing you resolution with us, as it may help others having similar problems. :D