AVG install on another computer
Posted 30 October 2010 - 02:32 PM
Posted 31 October 2010 - 01:49 AM
I'm Aaron and I will be helping you with your problem(s).
Before we start I need to mention a few things:
- Please post all the requested logs directly in your reply, do not attach or put them in Quote/Code boxes unless asked to.
- I recommend reading my instructions at least once before carrying them out, this will make sure you understand them before you start.
- Try to reply every one-two days, I'll try to do the same. At some point your computer will run better (hopefully ), but this doesn't mean all malware is removed so your system is still compromised and not working 100 % correctly.
Therefore it's very important to keep following my instructions. I'll tell you when we are done.
- Please don't run any other malware removal tools/programs or follow other instructions that I didn't asked you to do.
- Don't post your logs at other forums! Analysing your logs takes a lot of time for us and that way you will put two or more helpers to work for nothing.
- It's important follow all instructions as told. If you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask!
Lets try this first, if it fails go to Plan B.
Please download OTH to your desktop
Please download OTL to your desktop
Download the following file scan.txt to your Desktop. Click here to download it. You may need to right click on it and select "Save"
Double click the OTH file to run it and click Kill All Processes, your desktop will go blank.
Then select Start OTL. OTL will now run
- Double-click on the Custom Scans box and a message box will popup asking if you want to load a custom scan from a file
Select Scan.txt that you downloaded
- Click the Quick Scan button. Do not change any settings unless otherwise told to do so. The scan wont take long.
- When the scan completes, it will open two notepad windows. OTL.Txt and Extras.Txt. These are saved in the same location as OTL.
- Click the Internet Explorer button, attach these logs in your next reply.
For more information read How to add an attachment to a new topic or reply
Download Rkill from here : there are several flavours to choose from, if one does not work then try the next
Once it is downloaded, double-click on rkill in order to automatically attempt to stop any processes associated with Security Central and other Rogue programs. Please be patient while the program looks for various malware programs and ends them. When it has finished, the black window will automatically close and you can continue with the next step. If you get a message that rkill is an infection, do not be concerned. This message is just a fake warning given by Security Central when it terminates programs that may potentially remove it. If you run into these infections warnings that close Rkill, a trick is to leave the warning on the screen and then run Rkill again. By not closing the warning, this typically will allow you to bypass the malware trying to protect itself so that rkill can terminate Security Central . So, please try running Rkill until malware is no longer running. You will then be able to proceed with the rest of my instructions.
Do not reboot your computer after running rkill as the malware programs will start again.
Then run OTL as above (without OTH).
Posted 05 November 2010 - 11:03 AM
If you need this topic reopened, please contact a staff member. This applies only to the original topic starter. Everyone else please begin a New Topic.
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users