Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

how do i reset my computer as forgot password

• Please log in to reply

lynnmoore

lynnmoore

• Pip
  • 2 posts
got a real problem here. our PC is used by myself my husband and my daughter. problem is our daughter is the administrator for all accounts set up on the computer and she cannot remember the password. none of us can get into our accounts to use the computer. can anyone tell us how we solve this problem and what do we do to reset the password or the computer. if we can reset the computer will we lose all our stuff stored on it.

the computer we have operates on windows vista home i really appreciate some help on this.

thanks

Advertisements

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
If you reset the computer to factory default, you will lose everything on it that you haven't already backed up.
Unfortunately we cannot assist with topics along the lines of "I've lost my password", as while they may be totally legitimate, we can't verify that's the case.

The only solution we can offer is to reset the computer. In most cases you do this by pressing F10, F11 on the logo screen and follow the on-screen instructions. If you're lucky you'll get an option to save some data, but that's not guaranteed depending on the make of the computer.