Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Clicking sound

• Please log in to reply

stang dude

stang dude

• Pip
  • 9 posts
Whenver I click on something and it's trying to open up I get multiple clicking sounds like rapidly along with the computer lagging and slow to load.

Advertisements

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Hello stang dude.... Welcome to
GeeksToGo, :D
;) ;)

I'm sorry to hear about your issue. We will try to help you resolve this as soon
as possible.
  • Please understand we are all volunteers and we are not here all the time.
  • Sometimes it may be a extended amount of time to get back to you. If it has been
    more then 3 days please shoot me a PM and I will try to get back to you quickly
    then.
  • Please do the following and supply the requested information as needed. If you
    don't understand my instructions please ask and I will try to explain them
    clearer for you.
  • Do not attempt any steps unless instructed or ask before to
    make sure they will not cause any further issues.

Stop what you are doing. This could be a sign of a failed HD from the sound of it.
Commonly called the Click Of Death it means your HD is failing.
The first thing to do is do a diagnostic on the hd using the below instructions.

Run hard drive diagnostics: http://www.tacktech....ay.cfm?ttid=287
Make sure, you select tool, which is appropriate for the brand of your hard drive.
Depending on the program, it'll create bootable floppy, or bootable CD.
If downloaded file is of .iso type, use ImgBurn: http://www.imgburn.com/ to burn .iso file to a CD (select "Write image file to disc" option), and make the CD bootable.

NOTE. If your hard drive is made by Toshiba, unfortunately, you're out of luck, because Toshiba doesn't provide any diagnostic tool.

Thanks to Broni for allowing GTG the use of the instructions

stang dude

stang dude

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
Iv'e ran spybot search and destroy and it sometimes finds something called double click but I dont know if that is anything related.

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Nope that is software related and not hardware. Please run the instructions I gave as this will tell us if the HD itself is having a problem. If so it is important to find out quickly to allow you to get your important data backed up before the drive fails completely.