Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works

error code 0x80040707

• Please log in to reply

• Pip
  • 6 posts
:D I loaded this software and it won't open grant digital 4.0so i tried to uninstall it but i keep getting error code 0x80040707i have vista premium can you help please .

Edited by mozzie, 31 October 2010 - 03:13 AM.

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,330 posts
If you're getting this error message as part of an installation or upgrade routine, here's one of the easiest ways to circumvent the problem:

1. Go to the directory that holds the file for launching the installation (for example, Setup.exe) or (uninstall.exe).

2. Right-click on the installation file and select Run As.

3. Uncheck the box that says Protect My Computer And Data From Unauthorized Activity, and click OK.

Alternatively, if you're running this installation from a CD, you may need to simply clean the CD and try the installation again. Another possibility for resolving this error is to run Windows Update on the system before running the installation routine.

Hope this helps