Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Satic sound from laptop

• Please log in to reply

Hdoan24

Hdoan24

• PipPip
  • 27 posts
Hi I recently got this low static sound from my laptop, at first I thought it was just the headset I use, then when I unplugged it, the noise came from the speakers as well.
I use an ACER Aspire 7741z-5731
realtek high definition audio

Advertisements

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,762 posts
If the laptop is still under warranty I would recommend you return it to the store or the
place of purchase as attempting to repair it yourself could invalidate your warranty.
I havn`t got a definite answer for you only a couple of suggestions I`m afraid.
The sound may be caused by a loose connection, a dry or dirty electrical joint/connection
or indeed by a build up of static electricity, the easiest thing to try first whilst the
laptop is powered off remove the AC power cord, battery and the Ram, when that is done hold
down the Power On Switch for about 30 seconds and this should dispel any static built up in
the laptop, if this does not work you could try re-installing the audio drivers as the only
other things I can think of require opening the laptop up and it is a task best left to a
Tech or someone with previous experience of working with laptops.
I hope the easy option helps you to resolve the issue and let us know how it goes.

Hdoan24

Hdoan24

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts
bump