Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

problems with starting Internet conection sharing (ICS)

• Please log in to reply

Lowell_024

Lowell_024

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Hello all,

I am having a problem when I am trying to enable my internet connection sharing (ICS) on my computer. I am trying to share my internet connection from my computer with my Xbox 360. I have had this working before, but here in the last day or two every time I go to start ICS I get one system message and two error messages. When I open my network connections window I have my wireless network connection and my local area connection avalable. (see pic).

When I right click on my wireless internet connection and choose properties for that connection, and then I click on the sharing tab. Then I check the box next to "Allow other network users to connect through this computer's internet connection". Then I click "OK" and I recieve this system message (see pic). And then its followed by an error message a few seconds later (see pic).

I have even gone in to my "services" window and tried to activate ICS from there and I get another error message (see pic). I would like to know why I cant turn on ICS when I have had it on before and working to give internet to my Xbox. I am now lost on this subject and don't know what else to do about it. Any help anyone can give me concering this problem would be apprecited. Many thanks in advance. :D

Attached Thumbnails

• Internet connection sharing problem_1.jpg
  • Internet connection sharing problem_2.jpg
  • Internet connection sharing problem_3.jpg
  • Internet connection sharing problem_4.jpg

Edited by Lowell_024, 31 October 2010 - 04:06 PM.

Advertisements