Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

TCPIP.SYS Related BSOD on Win 7 x64

• Please log in to reply

Nick2253

Nick2253

• Pip
  • 9 posts
Hey all:

For the past week or two, I've been getting BSOD mostly related to the tcpip.sys file. My hunch is that it is related to something else, but I'm not sure what to do to troubleshoot it. Attached are the most recent minidumps from the errors. I've tried using the Microsoft Debugging Viewer, but I don't know what I'm doing. That's where you come in!

So you know, there are four programs on my computer that (conceivably) interface with the network adapters: COMODO Firewall, Avast! Free AV, VirtualBox, and Cisco VPN client. At least one of the minidumps you'll notice is related to the Virtualbox Driver, but I think that is because, when that crash happened, VirtualBox was running. Both COMODO and Avast! are kept up-to-date automatically, so in theory, one of their updates could have caused the problem, but I don't know when exactly they've been updating. Also, I haven't used Cisco's VPN client in months, so I don't think that would be the problem.

I didn't installed any new system software or hardware before the problem started, though I have since installed a patch from Microsoft that could have fixed the problem by fixing a race condition between hooks (though that didn't fix the problem).

If you have any advice for me to fix these BSODs, or just some pointers on how to interpret minidump files, I'm all ears.

Thank you all very much,
Nick

Attached Files

Edited by Nick2253, 31 October 2010 - 05:15 PM.

Advertisements