Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Projector Image Not Square

• Please log in to reply

magusbuckley

magusbuckley

• PipPipPip
  • 626 posts
Hello:

I've had an Epson Home Cinema 400 projector for about three years now. We shoot across our living room to a screen that is 10 feet wide and 6 feet high. We use it in conjunction with our X-Box 360 to play games and watch movies.

The other day, I noticed the screen wasn't quite square...but only on the bottom. The top of the image is completely level and in alignment with the top of the screen. The bottom of the image, however, tilts downward from left to right. The left side of the image is about an inch or so above the bottom of the screen and the right side of the image spills onto the bottom border by about two or three inches.

Keystone made the bottom worse and threw the top off. I've tried every setting I can find and have referenced my manual. After extensive research online, I can't seem to find anything for this type problem so am starting to wonder if this one is a goner? I mean seriously, how can only the bottom of the image be crooked? Makes no sense.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Magus

Advertisements

SpywareDr

SpywareDr

Member 3k

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,996 posts
Move the bottom right corner of the screen up toward the projector a bit. (Or move the left bottom corner back).

Edited by SpywareDr, 01 November 2010 - 03:10 AM.

magusbuckley

magusbuckley

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 626 posts
SpywareDr - thanks for the reply.

Sorry it's taken so long to get back to you, but I've been very busy lately and didn't get back on this project until this weekend. I pulled the projector from my media room and into my office. There, I shot the image only a foot way onto my office wall. The image is nearly square, with just an issue in one corner. It seems as if the bottom is level, the sides are nice and straight, but the top of the image has an issue. It's level, from left to right, for about 75% of the image. Then, it starts sloping uphill. I brought the two corners toward each other via menu options in the projector itself and noticed that when the image is pulled in, you can see the boarder around the image where the projector is displaying black. From that I can tell, that black background seems to be level so I'm wondering now if it's my input from the X-Box 360. I'm going to attach a PC or DVD player to it and if the image is still of, I'll call Epson to see what they think. It's a few years old so they may not help me, but if they do I'll post the results here. We may learn something here.

Later,

Magus

SpywareDr

SpywareDr

Member 3k

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,996 posts
The first question is, Is the wall perfectly flat?

If not, the image displayed on it will be distorted.

Edited by SpywareDr, 15 November 2010 - 04:27 AM.