Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

CPU Upgrade Help

• Please log in to reply

zechs

zechs

• Pip
  • 3 posts
I've done some research and apparently these are the possible upgrade choices- http://www.intel.com...b/cs-026574.htm - but from there I'm not sure what the best possible choice would be. Can anyone point me in the right direction to the best CPU upgrade?

Advertisements

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
No real upgrade available, considering all those processors aren't available new anymore, and you will not notice much difference between what you have now and any of those.

zechs

zechs

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
I kind of thought so. Are those my only options as far as an upgrade or are there other processors I could choose from?

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
Only the listed processors will work.
With all due respect, it's a four year old board. It was never designed for modern processors.

zechs

zechs

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
I was hoping to get lucky again, because I upgraded to a GIGABYTE GV-R585OC-1GD, and figured hey maybe I can get a somewhat modern CPU to go along with it. Thanks for all the feed back. If I were to upgrade my motherboard, and then CPU, which would mean I'd have to upgrade from my 550 watt power supply too, what would you recommend I go for to get the most bang for my buck for those three things? My price limit would be about 250 per piece. might go more on the CPU if you think I could get a fair amount of bang for my buck past the 250 range.