When I play certain games (Tropico 3, Saints Row 2, Counterstrike...) my computer restarts. At the beginning this was only happening occasionally and only after about 1/2 hours of play, but now it's happening pretty much as soon as I turn the games on.
All of the games run through Steam and I contacted them and they seem to have no answers.
I've never had this issue with any other games and I play much higher spec games than these, so I was unsure that it was my system. Have looked through the forums and have found people with the same problems and have done all of the things that seemed to have worked for them.
* I have increased my GPU and CPU fan speed
* I have changed the Startup and Recovery Settings and deselcted Automatically Restart
* I have gone onto the DirectX Diagnostic Tool and enabled all of the DirectX features.
* All of my tempertures are reasonable (GPU - 42-57, CPU 27-45).
* Checked and installed all new drivers.
* It is not dusty, all cleaned out recently.
* Went into Bios setup in section "PC Health" found option for temperature warning which makes pc shuts down if it raises above certain temperature - disabled.
Computer specs are:
Processor AMD Phenom II X3 720
Processor Memory (RAM) Kingston HyperX 4.00 GB
Graphics XFX ATI Radeon HD 4890
Gaming graphics 2431 MB
Primary hard disk 114GB Free (466GB Total)
OS Windows 7 Home Premium
Motherboard Manufacturer Gigabyte (GA-MA785GM-US2H)
System type32-bit operating system
Wondering if it is the PSU? Got my computer built at a small computer show near me and they fitted their own PSU - not sure of the make.
Any help would be appreciated!