Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

general upgrade help

• Please log in to reply

kidzplay

kidzplay

• Pip
  • 6 posts
Hiya Guys
Currently have an AMD4200+ on a AsusM2V board.I was wanting to give my system a little pump by adding:
*Phenom 11 x 4 955 cpu
*nVidea 9800gt graphics card
*increasing from 2gb to 4gb Ram
My question is would the board be okay as i believe the cpu is AM2 AM2+ AM3 so my board stats comply with AM2
Its not that i wanna be cheap,its just i dont want to replace it if its not required.

Advertisements

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
The M2V isn't Phenom capable so it won't work anyway. Also some of the variations on that board don't support over 2Gb of memory.

kidzplay

kidzplay

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
Thanks Neil,my board specs say that 4 gig is max,but i think a new board is the way to go and perhaps leave room for further upgrades down the track,any suggestions for a suitable board would be appreciated.
Cheers