Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

dsNcService.exe Fatal Application Exit

• Please log in to reply

Crepton

Crepton

• Pip
  • 2 posts
ran gooredfix and got this as my dump file.

GooredFix by jpshortstuff (03.07.10.1)
Log created at 07:40 on 03/11/2010 (Audrey)
Firefox version 3.6.12 (en-US)

========== GooredScan ==========

(none)

========== GooredLog ==========

C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\extensions\
{972ce4c6-7e08-4474-a285-3208198ce6fd} [14:46 16/01/2010]
{CAFEEFAC-0016-0000-0020-ABCDEFFEDCBA} [01:05 15/05/2010]
{CAFEEFAC-0016-0000-0021-ABCDEFFEDCBA} [23:42 10/10/2010]

C:\Documents and Settings\Audrey\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\phit8yrc.default\extensions\
(none)

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Mozilla\Firefox\Extensions]
"[email protected]"="C:\Program Files\Java\jre6\lib\deploy\jqs\ff" [20:49 09/08/2009]
"avg@igeared"="C:\Program Files\AVG\AVG8\Toolbar\Firefox\avg@igeared" [02:20 01/11/2010]

-=E.O.F=-

Help would be greatly appreciated.

Advertisements

MikeMason

MikeMason

• PipPipPip
  • 100 posts
Have you tried to disable the exe from booting up? Go to run and type in msconfig. Find dsNcService.exe and disable it from running at start up. If your computer is running fine without dsNcService.exe running in the background. Run in safe mode and use windows search to find dsNcService.exe and manually delete it.

If there's a problem with your computer once you've disabled dsNcService.exe from start up. You can reverse it.

Download, update and run Malwarebytes. Run a full scan.

Crepton

Crepton

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
The machine runs fine without having the network connect 7.0.0 running. I uninstalled that program and runs like a champ. My wife however needs this program to connect to her work intranet. I ran malware and several others and I think i FINALLY got the trojan out of the system. Maybe after running several reg cleaning programs and damage from the virus, my thinking was that windows might be damaged and that a reinstall/repair might fix it. The windows xp media center disk seems to have disappeared though. I did find out from the guru at her work that the windows firewall needs to be disabled while installing, so that is at least one more headache I might not have to deal with once we get past this error.

Cold Titanium

Cold Titanium

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 1,735 posts
If you think you may still be infected follow the instructions HERE and then post HERE