Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

RAM issue

• Please log in to reply

Klaus5000

Klaus5000

• PipPipPip
  • 135 posts
Okay guys, hey there. I bought some RAM - Corsair 2GB Kit (2x1GB) DDR2 667MHz/PC2-5300 Memory Non-ECC Unbuffered CL5

Yes, it is old but I wanted it to match a pair I already had as I know it works. My motherboard is the MSI P31-Neo.

However, when I installed both DIMM's my pc booted but the screen said "no video input" so I presumed I had messed up or knocked a graphisc ard connection... This turned out to be false as once I removed the new RAM IDMM's it was fine again.

I have returned the item as DOA but have requested a replacement to try another set.

Would the error signal they are DOA or have I just missed an issue?

Thanks guys, always a great help.

Advertisements

Digerati

Digerati

Grumpy Ol' MSgt (Ret.)

• Retired Staff
  • 3,999 posts
  • MVP

Would the error signal they are DOA or have I just missed an issue?

Don't know. I would have tried just the new pair and see if they worked without the old. This could be a problem with one of the new sticks, one of the slots, or perhaps your PSU is having problems. Note your PSU is from a reputable brand and 600W is plenty. But even the best can fail.

Klaus5000

Klaus5000

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 135 posts
When I get my replacements, im going to try them without my existing RAM should the issue persists .. hmm thanks!