Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

BSoD - INVALID_WORK_QUEUE_ITEM

• Please log in to reply

stryker7000

stryker7000

• PipPip
  • 10 posts
Hey i just finished reformatting my computer using a windows xp boot disc it was windows vista before but in anycase when i start up my laptop it goes just past the black windows start screen then this BSOD comes out and restarts over and over. so i was wondering if someone would know an answer thanks guys!

Advertisements

Spyderturbo007

Spyderturbo007

• PipPipPip
  • 760 posts
Can you provide the brand and model number of your computer? Are you using the OEM software disk that shipped with the machine, or a retail copy? What service pack is supplied with the disk you are using, i.e. SP1, SP2 or SP3?

I'm assuming you can boot into safe mode? You can test this by tapping the F8 key after you see the manufacturers' splash screen load during post. Then choose "Safe Mode" from the list of options.