Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Copy installation from another PC?

• Please log in to reply

Clareykins

Clareykins

• PipPip
  • 32 posts
Am hoping someone can offer some help with an old copy of Adobe Photohop. I lost the installation disk a few months back (Typically shortly before a reformat) and no longer have it installed at home. I do however still have it installed at work. Is it possible to somehow copy the installation from there to the home computer? If not, are old versions of Photoshop still available to buy?
I did do some googling and all I found was trials where a purchase of a serial number was required to keep using the software, thing is, I'm not sure serials are available to buy anymore either and of course the disk I lost was in the case with my old serial on it. I would definitely prefer to get my good old trusty CS2 back than have to battle to figure out CS5 (Yes I have tried it, and no I still don't like it) Pleeeease save me from the tooth pulling pain that CS5 is plotting against me!

Advertisements

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
Shiny new versions of Photoshop are available from Adobe direct at appropriate costs.
Unfortunately you cannot copy programs from one computer to another.

If you talk to your IT department they may be able to licence you a copy for home use. That or buying a copy yourself are realistically the only way you'll get it working. CS2 is five years old; I would be surprised if Adobe supports it any longer.

deggitt

deggitt

• PipPipPip
  • 272 posts
Hi, have a look here.....Ebay CS2.

http://cgi.ebay.co.u...=item43a2e3282a