Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works

CD/DVD problem

• Please log in to reply

• Pip
  • 1 posts
After My boyfriend put Magic disc On my computer and ever since then I can not burn or play disks. My D drive used to show up as cd/dvd under my computer now is says DVD-RAM. Under the properties for the DVD-RAM drive D under the Hardware tab it lists 2 drives WDC WD1600BEVS-60RSTO that is a disk drive then it lists TSSTcorp CDDVDW TS-L632N which I know is my cdrom drive. It says that the device is working properly But it says the location is 0. In the device manager its lists the drive with no problems. I tried to roll back drivers and uninstall the drive and nothing.I have uninstalled all the vutiral drives but it still says DVD-RAM. nothing I have tried has worked. Please help!

Hp pavillion dv6704nr
AMD athlon™ 64x2
Dual core TK-57
1.90 ghz
1.93 gb of ram

• PipPipPip
  • 760 posts
I would go here and try the Microsoft Fix It utility first. Please report back with your results.