Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Conundrum (Internet Speed)

• Please log in to reply

thankless

thankless

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Hello All,

My download speed puzzles me.

When I download the itunes software the speed is around 350 KB/S. When I try downloading anything else (e.g. from filehippo.com, ifile.it, EVEN FROM YOUTUBE) the download speed never goes over 50 KB/S.

If there were any problems with my internet connection, hardware or software I wouldn't be able to download at 350 KB/S at all ...

Does anyone have a clue?

Thank you very much in Advance.

Advertisements

SpywareDr

SpywareDr

Member 3k

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,996 posts
Are you sure that's an UPPERcase "B" in the "350 KB/S"? ("B" means Bytes and lowercase "b" means bits).

Since there are 8 bits in a byte, the speed of "350 Kb/s" would be the same as 43.75 KB/S.

thankless

thankless

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
The Veyron (lovely).

I've intentionally capitalized it.

The problem persists.

10 tb ChiPZ

10 tb ChiPZ

• Pip
  • 3 posts
spywave dr is right OR the problem is on the net. it might be there's a conflict on internet line too many user that it runs slowly like mine my com is SLOW and the net is SLOW but sometimes it runs VERY FAST.