Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

corrupt registry

• Please log in to reply

SAGAR SONAWANE

SAGAR SONAWANE

• PipPip
  • 12 posts
hi friends i have windows xp on my desktop. i formatted my pc yesterday and also installed net protector antivirus.
but yesterday the computer was fine. but today when i try to open 2 to 3 programs the computer either hangs or a blue screen error appears(sometimes kernel inpage error). i searched for the problem on net and i came to know that my system registry is corrupt. i downloaded few softwares for fixing that problem but they only scan and find errors and dont repair them.
i even tried to repair using my system disk but i didnt know the necessary commands.should i format again???
can anyone know any free system registry repair software ???
freinds please help cause i m fed up of this issue and dont know what to do??
hopefully i m lucky this time that i am able to write this post.so guys plz reply as soon as possible.
thanking in advance

Advertisements

DonnaB

DonnaB

Miss Congeniality

• GeekU Moderator
  • 8,529 posts
Hi SAGAR,

From what I have found Net Protector AntiVirus is a Rogue security software.

You may also have made your problem worse by installing other software to fix your errors.

My suggestion would be to follow the instructions in this thread here--> Malware and Spyware Cleaning Guide and if your computer is capable of following through with the requests asked, post the information in our Virus, Spyware, Malware Removal forum by clicking on Posted Image button in the upper right of the page. If you are unable to run the required tools post your concerns and copy and paste a link from this thread so your helper can link back to this thread. They can guide you from there.

I fear that if you reformat you may only end up back here with out the knowledge to prevent future episodes.

Also, for future reference, please post all your XP issues in the Windows XP™, 2000, 2003, NT forum.

Good Luck!

Donna :D

Edited by DonnaB, 05 November 2010 - 04:08 PM.

SAGAR SONAWANE

SAGAR SONAWANE

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts
http://www.geekstogo..._1#entry1933418

friend i had posted my otl log in above link as you said so please guide me i havent received any replies yet..

DonnaB

DonnaB

Miss Congeniality

• GeekU Moderator
  • 8,529 posts
Hi SAGAR,

I received your message. I am not yet qualified to oversee your OTL Log and have pointed out your thread to those who are. Please be patient. They are very busy in the Spyware Forum and will tend to your issue shortly. If you do not receive an answer within 3 days time, please post in the Waiting Room and include a link to your thread that you posted in the Spyware Forum.

Please do not post again in your thread in that forum till someone comes to your aid.

Thank you,

Donna