Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Defragmenting

• Please log in to reply

bigyin43

bigyin43

• PipPipPip
  • 114 posts
Hi, Since loading software for my new phone, (Xperia 8, sony ericcson) i have found that my automatic back up doesn't work, and if i try to defragg, it locks up approx 48% of way through .
can you give any advice.
thanks in advance

Advertisements

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,678 posts
make sure your phone is disconnected when running these programs.

bigyin43

bigyin43

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 114 posts
only set it to defrag before closing it down, so all is disconnected.
but just lately it has stopped at around 47% complete , the computer then locks up and i have to reboot after a disk check it insists on doing before restarting !

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,678 posts
Try initiating a full check disk manually your self. SOunds like after you installed the software, some bits ended up on a questionable part of the hard drive. Once you have done this, then I can walk you through posting of the logs.

bigyin43

bigyin43

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 114 posts
hi , it has refused to start altogether now , am just trying to get help with that , then i shall get back to you .
i ran boot dignostics and it gave me error 2000-0142 dell memory fail.

am currently asdking about this elsewhere on forum , but all advice accepted gratefully.

it is a dell 1535 laptop approx 2 years old as far as i remember