Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

OLE Server not registered? Access 2007

• Please log in to reply

daisychick3299

daisychick3299

• PipPip
  • 32 posts
I am taking an Advanced Computer Apps class and we are currently in Microsoft Access 2007 and I am attempting to insert a picture into my table. I keep getting the message "The operation on the OLE object failed. The OLE server may not be registered. To register the OLE server, reinstall it." This is happening on both of my computers which are running Vista. I cannot complete my assignments for the class without adding the pictures into this table, but I cannot figure out how to fix the problem. Microsoft was less than helpful with a suggestion to upgrade to a paid version of Adobe Reader. Why pay Adobe to get a fix for a Microsoft issue?!? Anyways, any help would be so greatly appreciated. My 99% average in this class will suffer if I am late turning in this assignment, or if I turn it in without the pictures. :-( Do you need any additional info from me to figure this out? Thanks so much guys, you are lifesavers here!

Advertisements

Matriculated

Matriculated

• PipPip
  • 77 posts
Hi daisychick3299,

I've seen this occur with certain OLE objects when the "RowSourceType" property was set. If I understand it correctly, this property will sometimes default to a certain value (Table/Query, Value List, etc.) which is not available for certain OLE object types (but must be available for others). This tells MS Access how to provide data to the specified OLE object. To attempt to correct this try the following:
  • Open the Form or Report, in question, by right-clicking and then selecting “Design View”.
  • Then right-click, the OLE object you have already embedded, and select "Properties".
  • Click the "Data" tab and remove any value (by selecting and pressing "Delete") in the "RowSourceType" drop down box
  • "X" out and "save" then try "Open", to see if this corrected the error.