Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Remote Desktop Software

• Please log in to reply

MaddTech

MaddTech

• Pip
  • 2 posts
I was wondering if anyone could tell me of a Remote Desktop software that I can use to remote both Windows PC's and Mac. I'm looking for something that has a client to run on both sides. Free would be great but I don't mind paying for something if it is really worth it.

Advertisements

DonnaB

DonnaB

Miss Congeniality

• GeekU Moderator
  • 8,529 posts
Hi MaddTech,

Welcome to Geeks to go! :D

There are several to choose from as seen here for comparison.

The ones that I am familiar with most (but haven't used in quite some time) are LogMeIn and TeamViewer. They are both free programs.

Other members may have more advice so stay tuned in.

Hope this helps. ;)

Donna

MaddTech

MaddTech

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Donna,
I have been using TeamViewer but I notice that it says not for "commercial use" and thats how I would be using it. I want to be able to remote PC's for clients for tasks that wouldn't require me to be there.

DonnaB

DonnaB

Miss Congeniality

• GeekU Moderator
  • 8,529 posts
You're right. It's not for commercial use. Neither is LogMeIn. I used them mainly to keep my families computers up to date till I taught them to do it themselves to free up my time.

You may have to settle for the paid versions unless you can find one in the list I provided that is free. But, on the plus side, the paid versions are tax deductible here in the States if it is used for business purposes!

You may want to see what other members have to offer.

:D

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,678 posts
VNC is a good solution (free and no restrictions for commercial use).

mac specific info: http://macapper.com/...sktop-for-free/

For seemless use, including unattended support you might consider gotoassist epxress by Citrix. this is the application I prefer. Not free. For my use its expensive, but for commercial use it could be just what you need.