Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

I need help with my appearance

• Please log in to reply

aksis388

aksis388

• Pip
  • 1 posts
well, every time i try to change the desktop theme or, background or anything having to do with changing appearance or the look of things, i get an error. The blue "please wait" box still pops up but then a few seconds after an error pops up. It is a DLL of some kind. I have tried to change even little things. I really would like my theme changed from the old windows to the newer XP or something. I cannot even change my desktop background without it erroring. How can I fix this? I do not know what is missing or what is happening. My OS does have some problems at times but there has to be a file missing that i can re download or something. No? What can i do?

Advertisements

SpywareDr

SpywareDr

Member 3k

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,996 posts
Type the following at a command prompt:

sfc /scannow

(The "sfc /scannow" command scans all protected system files and replaces incorrect versions with correct Microsoft versions).

SpywareDr

SpywareDr

Member 3k

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,996 posts
... and ignore what should obviously be ignored(?).