Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

USB Mouse Problems

• Please log in to reply

mgrizzzy

mgrizzzy

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I am working on a friend's computer and finally got everything working ok except the mouse. I have hooked in usb and it finds the usb on boot saying "mouse found" but once it kicks into 98 it says it cant find it and then i only have keyboard function in windows. Do i need some mouse disk for 98 or what windows just doesnt seem to recognize any mouse. Thanks for anyhelp been working on this for awhile and its the only things left. THanks again.

Advertisements

greyknight17

greyknight17

Malware Expert

• Visiting Consultant
  • 16,560 posts
Welcome to GTG.

Yes, you will need the drivers for that mouse. Windows 98 usually will need third party drivers to recognize USB devices.

Do you have the drivers for it? If not, tell us the exact brand and model of that USB mouse and we'll see if we can find it online for you.