Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

windows picture and fax viewer

• Please log in to reply

old crow

old crow

• PipPip
  • 25 posts
Hello again,

I have both Nero photosnap viewer and windows picture and fax viewer. I really don't care for the nero as my default and would like to have the WP+FV as my default photo viewer. But, alas, I cannot figure out how to change this permanently. I know I can open a photo with WP+FV, but I have to ask specifically to do this and if I don't, it opens with nero. Any thoughts as to how to change the default settings? I was able to change them so easily with the windows media player...

Thanks

Advertisements

blingin67

blingin67

• PipPip
  • 49 posts
Well, there should be settings in the Nero program somewhere. I am not familiar with the program, nor do I have it, so I can't search around in it and find where you can change settings to make it the default viewer or to make it not the default viewer.

However, you can go into Windows Explorer and right click on a file, such as a JPG file, and go to Properties. Under the General tab, there is an "Opens With" field with a "Change" button to the right of it. If you click on the Change button, you can choose from a list of programs. Whichever program you choose will be the program that will open JPG files from now on. You can do this with other image file types, such as GIF, PNG, etc., but you just have to find those filetypes and change their default viewer. Changing one JPG will affect all JPG files, not just the one you selected. Changing one GIF will affect all GIF, and so on.

old crow

old crow

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts
Under "my pictures" general tab, there is no "open with" or "change" tab...

old crow

old crow

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts
Forget it! Got it figured out!

Thanks!