Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Activex controls - windows 2000 sp4

• Please log in to reply

Mossy2591

Mossy2591

• Pip
  • 5 posts
Since surfing the net on Sunday, for some unknown reason I now get this message every time I try to open an important application .. ie "Settings, Control Panel". I cannot access control panel. The icons are not shown?
The message is "Your current security settings prohibit running Activex controls on this page. As a result, the page may not display correctly."
I have tried going to IExplorer, clicked on "security" then "enabled" ativex controls etc ..... this has not worked at all.
It`s driving me crazy, what can I do?

Advertisements

Macboatmaster

Macboatmaster

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,237 posts
I feel reasonably certain that a malicious download has corrupted your System32 folder.
However I am not allowed on this site to advise you further.
Only certified Malware advisors may do so.
That is for your protection to ensure you obtain the best advice.
See this link please.

http://www.geekstogo...cleaning-guide/

Follow the advice given.
If you have to post in the Malware forum, please be patient, they are very busy.

NOTE. My advice is not to use the computer to browse the internet.
AND please do not TAKE my opinion as indicating that this is an infection. I am not qualified to decide.

Mossy2591

Mossy2591

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
Thanks for the suggestion! I`ll go to MAlware section and ask !