Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Garbled email from yahoo users

• Please log in to reply

Sandysk

Sandysk

• Pip
  • 2 posts
My husband and I share the internet via a router. We can receive the same email and mine will be garbled and just xxxxxooooo etc thru the body of the email. I can not read it. How can I change my settings to be able to read the email? I thought I checked all the Outlook settings on both computers and they seem to be the same. What now?

Edited by Sandysk, 08 November 2010 - 11:38 AM.

Advertisements

phillipcorcoran

phillipcorcoran

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,293 posts
Are you expecting to be able to receive exactly the same email messages that your husband receives?
Usually that's just not possible because, by default, Outlook deletes messages from the server which sent them, so as to avoid the recipient receiving multiple copies of the same message. So when your your husband receives messages, there is no way you can also receive the same ones because they no longer exist on the server.

If I've misunderstood your post I aplogise - please repost if that's the case.

Sandysk

Sandysk

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Maybe I need to say that we have different email addresses and the sender sends an email to each of us. Mine is garbled, his is not. I have Vista, he has XP could that be the problem? We both have the same Outlook. Thank you for getting back to me on this BIG problem.