Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

BSOD with Various Error Messages

• Please log in to reply

rcknrll

rcknrll

• Pip
  • 3 posts
Starting about 2 months ago I started to get BSODs fairly frequently--three to eight times per day. Originally it appeared to be related to IE activity; now it doesn't seem to relate to anything. It just happens for no apparent reason. I'm running Windows XP Pro SP3 on an HP 87302 EliteBook. I've run every scan program available and all seems to be clean. I've run all of HP Diagnostics and hardware seems to be good. Attached is the download from BlueScreenViewer. The whole concept of checking to see whether I have any bad drivers installed is beyond me....don't know how to go about doing that if it is even possible. HP Tech Support says to erase everything and reinstall Windows, but that is a really time-consuming process that I'd really like to avoid if it is at all possible!Attached File  20101108 BSOD.txt   134.11KB   500 downloads Any great ideas would be very much appreciated!!!

Advertisements

edge2022

edge2022

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,117 posts
Have you tried to boot into safe mode: http://www.computerh...sues/chsafe.htm ? Do the BSODs still pop up in safe mode?
I also suggest you click on Memtest Instructions in my signature, and run memtest for one stick of RAM at a time.