Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Major computer slow down

• Please log in to reply

Pat_54

Pat_54

• PipPipPip
  • 212 posts
I tore apart three computers to make this one. I'm on a tight budget but put this computer together only so my son could have something to use. I thought I did a pretty good job until son had it so gummed up in only two days. I installed free version avast antivirus and have malwarebytes and super antispyware installed. But so how he managed to download everything he see I think. He opened emails that he shouldn't have and downloaded tv search bar and who knows what else. He knows nothing at all about computers and I have yelled but now I have the task at trying to remove all the spyware,adware,malware, and trogans that have left the computer virtually impossible to deal with. I have done everything that I can think of to delete all but there is still something that is there that is making the computer hang up. Very slow at startup and my avast keeps saying that I'm trying to connect to bad url and I haven't even gotten to the point of opening up IE yet. Please help I'm at witts end. Don't no what else to do. I know my way around a computer pretty much but this one has me stumped. Any help would be gladly apppreciated. Thanks Pat :D

Advertisements

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
I suggest you go to the Malware Removal and Spyware Removal Forum and run all the steps located in the
START HERE. These self-help tools will help you clean up 70% of problems on your own.
If you are still having problems after doing the steps, then please post the reguested logs in THAT forum.
If you are unable to run any of the tools then start a new topic in the malware forum and put this in the subject line...I am unable to run any malware tools

If you are still having problems after being given a clean bill of health from the malware expert, then please return to THIS thread and we will pursue other options to help you solve your current problem(s).

Add a link to this topic so that malware tech can see what steps have been taken here

Pat_54

Pat_54

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 212 posts
thanks