Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

install, uninstall windows errors

• Please log in to reply

oho

oho

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Hi first time user
I attemped to uninstall a HP425 digital camera software used spotmau (wrong choice) did not completely uninstall so I attempted to uninstall all HP (which is my printer) products now I receive errors that photo gallery is trying to install, cannot completely uninstall printer and did a online chat with hp support and was told to download windows cleanup utility which I did but it cannot install because of error messages that another program is trying to install, also a microsoft net framework error comes up which I think is related to HP software somehow. Appreciate any advice, help Thanks OHO

Advertisements

Alzeimer

Alzeimer

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,331 posts
Did you try uninstalling your problem program with windows clean up utility while under safe mode.

Also you can try the free version of Revo uninstaller in regular or safe mode.

Alzeimer

Alzeimer

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,331 posts
if you still get the message that there is already an installation in process then you can try this;

go to Start / Run and type CONTROL ADMINTOOLS
go to SERVICES
scroll down to "Windows Installer." click on Windows Installer's properties and then disabled it. Then restart your computer. Immediately after the restart, go back to the services and changed the Windows Installer's properties to "Automatic" once again. No more problems installing anything.

The Skeptic

The Skeptic

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 4,075 posts
I think that your best option is to reinstall the programs which were not removed correctly. Then, if you still wish to remove them, do this with Revo Uninstaller.