Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Constant BSOD

• Please log in to reply

CMCarlin

CMCarlin

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Hi All!,

I'm at a loss on this. I keep getting BSODs, on a daily even lately, although before that it wasn't happening for a few weeks, so it seems very random! Except lately it mostly happens when I am away from the computer, so when it's idling. I've gotten a few different errors, but most of the time it's the stop error 7A. I thought I set it up right to create a mini dump file, but I don't see it. Here is the 2nd to last stop error:

stop 0x0000007A (0xC0451E98, 0XC0000000E, 0xB5C5A860, 0x8A3D3234)

msrpc.sys address 8a3D3234 base at 8A3CF000 datestamp 00000000

Last night it said msrpc.sys but most of the time it will say ataport.sys

I also get 77 and 7E errors.

This is driving me nuts. I've done a lot of searching but from what I see it can be anything, although most of it does point to hardware issues, which I REALLY REALLY hope it isn't.

I appreciate any advice

Advertisements

phillipcorcoran

phillipcorcoran

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,293 posts
I would start by checking two of the things it could be:

1. Hard Drive starting to fail. Download the diagnostic utility from the drive manufacturer's website.

2. Bad RAM. You can test with a generic utility called "Memtest" from here: http://hcidesign.com/memtest/

CMCarlin

CMCarlin

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Hi there,

Thanks for the reply. I've been away so my apologies for my late response. I'm having trouble looking for something made by my manufacturer. I did run checkdisk through a reboot and it came up clean. I can't burn CDs so I couldnt run the memory test as suggested in another thread. I did try running it by itself without it being on a bootable CD but I didn't see anything. I keep getting BSODs. For some reason my PC isn't collecting a mini dump file. I enabled the setting, but it's still not collecting a dump file. Where to go from here?

-Chris