Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Video onboard memory

• Please log in to reply

Millie715

Millie715

• Pip
  • 5 posts
ok, i play video games on my computer , and sometimes it moves slow, even when i dont have alot of precesses running, my computer started out with a sis 760 video card, i bought a ATI Radeon 9250, memory size 256MB,

i have 512 Ram on my PC, but the computer only shows 384, because the onboard video memory, uses up 128 of my ram, . now my question is, ..if i change the onboard video memory to 64 instead of 128, which will make my computer ram use 448, will that help my computer game speed?

and my radeon video card says memory size 250, so does it even mater if i change the video on board memory?

Advertisements

Digerati

Digerati

Grumpy Ol' MSgt (Ret.)

• Retired Staff
  • 3,997 posts
  • MVP
If you have added a graphics card, your on-board graphics should be disabled, freeing up all RAM it has snagged. Usually, it is disabled automatically, but not always. Or, it may have been re-enabled, perhaps to run in multi-monitor mode.

Still, I would add more system RAM to take it up to at least 1Gb.

Millie715

Millie715

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
yea thanks, im going to buy some new ram soon, so how would i disable the onboard video ram?