Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Disappointed

• Please log in to reply

rgas999

rgas999

• PipPip
  • 11 posts
I am disappointed that I have not, in the very least, received a response to my original post dated 8 Nov or my waiting room post dated 11 Nov. It looks as thought there were many views of both posts and I would have been OK with a response to say that there was nothing that could be done. As I indicated in my original post, I was cleaning the computer for a friend and now I have to leave to return to my own home, 3300 km away, so the computer will not be repaired. I have had very good success with all of my interactions with Geeks To Go in the past and would not like to think that this post will be my last.

Ron

Advertisements

Essexboy

Essexboy

GeekU Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 69,964 posts
Hi sorry about you getting bypassed - I have just had a quick look at the logs and there is no apparent malware but the RAM is only 502Mb and running that on an XP system with Norton would make it slow, as there are insufficient resources

rgas999

rgas999

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts
Thank you. I now have a way forward. Please consider my post chain closed.

Ron

admin

admin

Founder Geek

• Community Leader
  • 24,639 posts
Let me just add that malware removal posts that have no apparent symptoms, or sign of infection are among the most difficult, and time consuming to offer a reply. While Essexboy gave you a quick review and analysis here, had he replied in the malware removal forum, he would have likely had you run a number of scans before declaring your system clean. This can be a very time consuming process for yourself, and the person helping you. While not really accomplishing anything. There are a limited number of volunteers, and their time is usually better spent elsewhere.

A number of factors can lead to a slow system, malware being just one of them. It really should be the last resort, not the first. In your example, the Windows XP forum would probably have been a better choice.

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
I'll gladly pick up the topic if a link is sent to me.
We can run through the tech side extensively then to check everything. :D

admin

admin

Founder Geek

• Community Leader
  • 24,639 posts
The malware removal topic is here.

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Can the original post with issue be moved to XP forum? as I can't answer in the malware forum. :D

admin

admin

Founder Geek

• Community Leader
  • 24,639 posts
Moved to XP forum.

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Thank you sir.

rshaffer61

rshaffer61