Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Vista Black Screen and no cursor after login

• Please log in to reply

chally33

chally33

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Hello all,

First post on this site. A few days ago, I went on my laptop and logged in as normal and found a large problem. Once I log in and my desktop appears on my screen, it is followed by a black screen and no cursor is visible. I did a hard-re-boot and entered safe mode with no problems. So from safe mode I did a reset to last best known configuration but the problem still persists. I can log into the administrator account no problem (at least this is the first time and I am using the administrator account to post. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I noticed that on my last normal use of vista, there was the update symbol on the shutdown button, but I shutdown the laptop like I always do, and this problem now occurs. I do not believe I did anything abnormal to create this problem.

Cheers

Advertisements

Ehsanit

Ehsanit

• PipPipPip
  • 163 posts
Hello and welcome to GtG. Have you tried running system restore to a date before you had the problem?

chally33

chally33

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Yes. I did a system restore to before I had this problem, but it did not fix it.